Deadpool 3 is a forthcoming American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and Maximum Effort and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is based on the Marvel Comics character Deadpool. It will be the 34th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and the sequel to Deadpool (2016) and Deadpool 2 (2018). The film is being directed by Shawn Levy and co-written by Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Zeb Wells, Ryan Reynolds, and Shawn Levy. Reynolds stars alongside Hugh Jackman, Morena Baccarin, and Brianna Hildebrand as Wade Wilson/Deadpool.
20th Century Fox began production on a third Deadpool film in November 2016, but the project was put on pause when Disney completed its acquisition of the studio in March 2019. The character was then transferred to Marvel Studios, which began developing a new film starring Reynolds. Deadpool is incorporated into the MCU while retaining the R classification of the previous films. In November 2020, Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin joined forces to compose the script. Reese and Wernick were recruited to rewrite the script by March 2022, while Levy will direct. When additional screenwriters were disclosed in early 2023, additional casting took place. In addition to London and Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England, shooting will also take place in Vancouver, Canada, in late May 2023.
Deadpool 3 cast: Who will be in Deadpool 3?
- After undergoing an experimental regenerative mutation to treat terminal cancer, Ryan Reynolds plays Wade Wilson/Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary with accelerated healing but severe disfigurement over his body.
- Hugh Jackman portrays James “Logan” Howlett / Wolverine, a mutant with regenerative powers and an adamantium-infused skeleton. Jackman characterised Deadpool and Logan as having a “conflicting dynamic” that would frustrate Logan.
- Vanessa, played by Morena Baccarin, is Wilson’s fiancée.
- Leslie Uggams portrays Blind Al, Wilson’s elderly flatmate who is blind.
- Wilson’s devotee and taxi driver, Karan Soni, serves as his de facto chauffeur.
- Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic adolescent Warhead is an adolescent X-Men member with the mutant ability to release atomic explosions from her body.
- Shioli Kutsuna as Yukio, the fiancée of Negasonic Teenage Warhead and fellow X-Man.
- Colossus is a member of the X-Men with the mutant ability to transform his complete body into organic steel, voiced by Stefan Kapii.
Rob Delaney reprises his role as Peter, a member of Wilson’s “X-Force” team, from the 2018 film Deadpool 2. Emma Corrin has been cast as the main antagonist in an unspecified role, while Matthew Macfadyen has been cast in an unspecified role.
Deadpool 3 filming: How was Deadpool 3 made?
Principal photography began on May 22, 2023 in London and Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England, under the working title Tidal Wave, with cinematographer George Richmond. Vancouver is also slated for filming. Originally, it was anticipated to commence in January 2023, followed by April 2023. The 2023 Writers Guild of America strike that began in early May 2023 was not anticipated to affect filming, with the exception of Reynolds being unable to contribute to the script during filming, as he had during the previous two films, in accordance with the strike rules. Reportedly, Marvel Studios intended to film as much as possible during principal photography and make any necessary script changes during the film’s already scheduled reshoots. Levy worked with Marvel Studios and the creators of the Netflix series Stranger Things (where Levy serves as an executive producer) to allow him to direct at least one episode of that series’ final season, as he was aware that the production schedules for Deadpool 3 and Stranger Things would overlap prior to the writers’ strike.
Deadpool 3 release date: When is Deadpool 3 releasing?
Deadpool 3 will now be released on May 3, 2024, following a number of modifications.
Deadpool 3 was originally scheduled to debut in theatres on September 6, 2024, but it was moved back to November 8, 2024, and then unexpectedly accelerated by six months. This positions the film within Phase Five of the MCU, just prior to the summer release of Captain America 4 (rechristened Captain America: Brave New World).
Stefan Kapii, who is reprising his role as Colossus, verified on Instagram Stories in May 2023 (via ComicBook) that filming had indeed begun.However, it remains to be seen whether the writers’ strike will have an impact in the coming weeks.s.
Shawn Levy, who is creating his third film with Ryan Reynolds after Free Guy and The Adam Project, announced in December 2022 that filming would begin “around” May 2023, and it appears he was correct.