Priyanka Chopra Jonas is an Indian actress, singer, and producer. She is also a member of the Chopra family. She is one of India’s highest-paid actors in addition to being the winner of the Miss World contest in the year 2000. She is the recipient of several prestigious awards, including two National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards, among other honours. She was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2016, and Time magazine ranked her as one of the top 100 most important persons in the world that same year. Following those two years, Forbes included her in their list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women, and the BBC’s list of the 100 Most Influential Women in the World included her in 2022.
Chopra was born on July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, which was then a city in the state of Bihar but is now a city in the state of Jharkhand. Both of Chopra’s parents were physicians in the Indian Army. Her father was from Ambala and was of Punjabi Hindu descent. Her mother, Madhu Chopra, hails from Jharkhand and is the eldest daughter of Dr Manohar Kishan Akhouri, a former Congress veteran, and Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri, a former member of the Bihar Legislative Assembly. Her maternal grandmother was Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri. Her maternal grandfather was Dr Manohar Kishan Akhouri. Mrs. Pushpa Akhouri, Chopra’s maternal grandmother, was a social worker and freedom fighter during India’s independence movement.
First attending La Martinière Girls’ College in Lucknow and then Maria Goretti College in Bareilly, Chopra received her education in those cities. After that, she uprooted her life and headed across the pond to get a degree in international relations at the University of Southern California in the United States. Despite this, she left school after only two years in order to pursue a career in the modeling and acting industries.
In the year 2000, Chopra launched her career as a fashion model in India, where she quickly rose to become one of the most in-demand models in the entire nation. She became the first Indian woman in the last 21 years to win the Miss World pageant in the same year that she won the competition.
Chopra began off her acting career in Bollywood shortly after she was crowned Miss World. She made her acting debut in the Tamil movie Thamizhan in the year 2002. After that, she went on to star in a number of famous Bollywood films, such as Andaaz (2003), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Krrish (2006), and Don (2006).
Chopra made her debut on American television in 2015, when she was cast in the ABC series Quantico. As a result of the show’s critical acclaim as well as its financial success, Chopra was nominated for a Golden Globe in the category of Best Actress in a Television Series Drama.
In addition to her work as an actress, Chopra has also established a successful career in the music industry. In My City (2012) and Exotic (2013) are her two studio albums that were released to the public. She has also performed a number of songs for Bollywood films, some of which are “In My City” and “Desi Girl.”
In addition to being an actress, Chopra is a humanitarian and a social activist. She started the Priyanka Chopra Foundation, which is dedicated to bettering the lives of women and children in India, and she named it after herself. In addition to that, she serves as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.
In 2018, Chopra wed Nick Jonas, an American singer and songwriter. They have one child together, a girl named Malti Marie Chopra Jonas, who was delivered by a surrogate in the month of January 2022.\
Priyanka Chopra is a fascinating person, as evidenced by the following facts:
- She was born in Jamshedpur, India, but because her father served in the Indian Army, her family moved around quite a bit when she was a child. Although she was born in India, she has never lived there.
- Her academic record was flawless, and as a result, Harvard University made her an offer of a full scholarship to pursue a degree in medicine there. On the other hand, she made the decision to pursue a career in acting and modeling instead.
- She became the first woman from India to win the Miss World pageant in the previous 21 years when she did so in the year 2000.
- Over the course of her career, she has appeared in more than 60 films in the Bollywood film industry. Among her most successful films are Andaaz (2003), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Krrish (2006), Don (2006), and Barfi! (2012).
- In 2015, she made her debut on American television in the series Quantico, which was shown on ABC. As a result of her performance, she was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
- In My City (2012) and Exotic (2013) are her two studio albums that were released to the public.
- She is the creator of the Priyanka Chopra Foundation, which works to enhance the lives of women and children in India, and she is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- Malti Marie Chopra Jonas is the pair’s daughter; she is the result of her union to the American musician Nick Jonas and their subsequent pregnancy.
- Over seventy million people follow her on Instagram, making her the most followed Indian user there is.
- In 2016, she was recognised by Time magazine as one of the world’s 100 most influential people, earning her spot on that list.
- She has established herself as a successful businesswoman and is the owner of her own production company, Purple Pebble Pictures.
- She is a fervent supporter of women’s rights and equitable treatment of the sexes in society.
Priyanka Chopra is widely regarded as one of the most successful actresses in the history of the entertainment industry. She is a motivation for women all around the world, and she is a role model for young girls who have aspirations of accomplishing their objectives.