Park Ji-hyo (Korean: ; born Park Ji-soo on February 1, 1997) is a South Korean singer better known by her stage name, Jihyo. Twice, a girl group from South Korea, was created by JYP Entertainment in 2015, and she serves as the group’s leader and main vocalist.
Jihyo Early Life
Park Ji-soo is Jihyo’s given name, but her legal name is Park Ji-Hyo. Therefore, she legally changed her identity prior to turning sixteen. She was born in Guri, Gyeonggi, South Korea on 1 February 1997.
She is currently 25 years old, and her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She has two younger sisters named Seoyeon and Jiyoung, to discuss her family.
In addition, she is called “Hyo-mas” or “Thomas the train” Her moniker is because of her large eyes and her ability to imitate Thomas. Her interests include web surfing and perusing webcomics.
Therefore, she appreciated the webcomic “Appearance Supremacy” immensely. Additionally, crimson is her favourite colour. Jihyo enjoys yoghurt smoothies, chicken, and red flesh, but detests broccoli.
In 2005, JYP Entertainment cast Jihyo after she participated in a contest for Junior Naver in third grade. And officially joined the corporation on July 15, 2005, at the age of eight, after serving as an apprentice for over ten years.
During her time as a trainee, she was known as the face of Innisfree’s adolescent line, Boyfriend.
Jihyo trains with numerous JYP idols, including Sunmi and Hyerim of Wonder Girls, Jo Kwon, Bae Suzy, and Nichkhun. Literally everyone in JYP is fairly familiar with her.
Jihyo was prepared to debut with Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Sana in a female group. Unfortunately, the initiative was terminated. And instead, they all joined the reality television competition Sixteen, which was devised to select the founding members of the band ‘Twice’.
And as one of the nine successful contestants, Jihyo joined the newly formed female group ‘Twice’. In addition, she was elected leader by the members, not JYP.
In October 2015, the group officially debuted with the release of their first mini-album ‘The Story Begins’, with the lead single “Like Ooh-Ahh” becoming the first K-pop debut song to reach 100 million YouTube views.
Additionally, she and Chaeyoung composed the song “Eye Eye Eyes” Moreover, she lost a substantial amount of weight for their “Signal” revival.
Jihyo Boyfriend / Relationship
Regarding her romantic life, on August 5, 2019, the agencies representing Jihyo and Kang Daniel confirmed their relationship. Moreover, after the news broke, they dominated Twitter’s list of trending topics.
However, the media also referred to them as a new “power couple” of K-pop. However, on November 10, 2020, JYPE confirmed that the couple had split due to their mutually hectic schedules.
Jihyo Net Worth 2023
Jihyo is estimated to be worth approximately $10 million. She has amassed wealth through her labour as a K-pop singer, songwriter, and actress. She is the leader of the popular female group Twice and has also released solo music. Jihyo has appeared in a number of television dramas and variety programmes.
In addition to her income from her music and acting endeavours, Jihyo makes money through sponsorship deals.
Jihyo Quick Facts
- Jihyo’s birth name is Park Ji Soo, which was later changed to Park Ji Hyo, and she has numerous aliases, including Jigglypuff, Aegyo Master, Kind Jihyo, 10 Years Long Trainee, HyoLeader, Mic, and God-Jihyo.
- Jihyo won second place in the Junior Naver Children’s Star Contest on August 19, 2004, after which JYP Entertainment cast her.
- Jihyo spent the years between 7 July 2005 and 20 October 2015 as a trainee for JYP Entertainment.
- During her training period, Jihyo appeared as a CF Model for Reebok alongside Jeongyeon and Nayeon.
- Prior to becoming a member of SIXTEEN, Jihyo altered her name from Park Ji Soo to Park Jihyo.
- She has appeared in a number of television programmes, including Idol Star Athletic Championship, Kings of Masked Singer, Same Bed Different Dreams, Hello Counsellor, Happy Together, and Sugarman, among others.
- Due to the fact that she is the lead vocalist of TWICE, she has frequently appeared on collaboration stages or special stages in numerous television programmes such as Music Bank, 2019 MBC Gayo Daejejeon, and Kings of Masked Singers.
- Eunha from OhMyGirl, Kang Hyewon from IZ*ONE, Yerin, and Sowon are her close companions.
- TWICE Kim Hye-soo, Park Seyoung, Jo Boah, Kate Winslet, Sung Yuri, and many others resemble Ji Hyo.
- After completing her KNOCK KNOCK activities, Jihyo underwent knee surgery for knee pain; as a result, she was required to sit during TWICE concerts conducted in Singapore and Thailand.
- “Eye Eye Eyes” was written by JIHYO and CHAEYOUNG.
- She slimmed down significantly for the “Signal” album release.
Ji Hyo TWICE’s other interests include webtoon reading, reality show watching, cycling, drama viewing, brisk walking, and internet surfing. Jihyo never skips a night of working on her abs.