Dunki is a forthcoming Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama film directed by Rajkumar Hirani and produced by Hirani and Gauri Khan via Rajkumar Hirani Films and Red Chillies Entertainment. Boman Irani, Jimmy Shergill, and Vicky Kaushal play supporting roles alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Taapsee Pannu. On 22 December 2023, the film is expected to be released.
The film’s title is a pun on the word “donkey” and alludes to the unlawful immigration route used by some Indians to enter the United States. Supposedly, the film’s plot was inspired by the actual experiences of individuals who have traveled this route.
Since Sanju (2018), Dunki is Hirani’s first film. Khan and Hirani have collaborated on three previous films: Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003), Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), and 3 Idiots (2009). Hirani and Pannu will collaborate for the first time on a Hindi film.
The production of the film commenced in Mumbai in October 2022. Additionally, it was shot in Ladakh, Punjab, and London. Anu Malik composed the score for the film, while Irshad Kamil wrote the lyrics.
It is anticipated that Dunki will be a commercial phenomenon. Khan is one of the most renowned actors in India, while Hirani is one of the most successful directors. The film’s premise is also intriguing and relatable, ensuring that it will appeal to a large audience.
The following are specifics about Dunki:
- Rajkumar Hirani, known for films such as Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., Lage Raho Munna Bhai, 3 Idiots, and PK, is the film’s director.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Taasee Pannu play the main roles in the film.
- The film’s title is a pun on the word “donkey” and refers to the unlawful immigration route utilised by some Indians to enter the United States.
- According to reports, the plot of the film was inspired by the actual experiences of individuals who have traveled this route.
- The film’s production commenced in Mumbai in October 2022. The film was also shot in Ladakh, Punjab, and London.
- The film’s audio is composed by Anu Malik, while Irshad Kamil wrote the lyrics.
- The release date for the film is 22 December 2023.
Here are some additional details about the film that have been disclosed:
- Khan will portray Don, a Punjabi petty criminal with the name Don.
- Pannu will portray Jasmeet, a travel agent, in the film.
- Don and Jasmeet’s voyage to the United States will be chronicled in this film.
- The film is rumored to be a comedy-drama in which immigration, family, and friendship are explored.
The 2023 film Dunki is extremely awaited. Khan and Hirani, who have worked together on three prior films, are reuniting for this one. Given the fame of its two leads, the picture is sure to do well at the box office.